Meet the Seventh Round
Charles Johnson - WR - Grand Valley State (6'2", 215 lbs.)
- Johnson’s pro-day efforts would have placed him among the top performers at the combine in the 40, vertical jump and broad jump. (NFL.com)
- On the basis of his strong pro-day workout, Johnson could be selected as high as the fifth round. (NFL.com)
- Johnson does have a red flag, having bounced around between different schools. He initially went to Eastern Kentucky, where he was suspended. He then attended Antelope Valley Community College (Calif.) in 2008, took a season off in 2009, and was at Grand Valley State starting in 2010.
Kevin Dorsey - WR - Maryland (6'3", 210 lbs) (Twitter: @Kev_Dorsey (unconfirmed))
No scouting report available. This information via NFL Draft Scout:
- "Dorsey's 2012 production (18 catches) was a casualty of Maryland's quarterback woes, but he flashed NFL size, speed and playmaking ability to possibly make a roster in camp."
Sam Barrington - LB - University of South Florida (6'1", 246 lbs.) (Twitter: @Sam_Barrington_)
No scouting report available. This information via USF fan site VoodooFive.com:
- "Sam can disappear for large chunks of games, and for all his talent, never really turned into the tackling machine that he could have been. When you heard Sam's name mentioned, it was usually a good sign-but you could go a whole game without hearing his name."