Packers Select DT Montravius Adams in Third Round
With the 93rd overall pick, the Packers have selected Auburn defensive tackle Montravius Adams.
Adams left Auburn after just three seasons, but was productive each of this three years there, earning third team All-SEC honors in his final season. Adams has decent size at 6-4, 304 and has played multiple positions along the defensive line.
Fit: B+. Adams can line up all over the defensive line for the Packers.
Value: B. According to CBS Sports, Adams was the seventh ranked defensive tackle in this draft class.
What are Montravius Adams’ strengths?
- Good athleticism for his size (4.87 40-yard dash, 29 inch vertical)
- Plays with a high motor
- Versatile and can contribute all along the defensive line
- Explosive first step
What are Montravius Adams’ weaknesses?
- Production doesn’t always match ability
- May not be strong enough to play NT in the NFL
- Not a consistent pass rusher
- Doesn’t always accel in two gap schemes
How does Montravius Adams fit with the Packers?
On paper, Adams seems like a great fit due to his versatility. The Packers value a player’s ability to line up at multiple spots within his position group, and Adams is believed to be the kind of player who can do just that, contributing as a nose tackle, a traditional defensive tackle, and even as an end in a 3-4 scheme.