Hall of Fame Game Facts To Impress Your Friends
Congratulations! Your team has been blessed/cursed with a fifth preseason game!
Whether you enjoy the NFL's annual Hall of Fame game largely depends whether or not you'll be playing in the game. If you are, chances are you hate it, as Aaron Rodgers does. If you're not, you're probably a football starved fan looking for any opportunity to watch professional football again.
At any rate, the Hall of Fame game is happening this weekend. Here are some interesting factoids to drop at your upcoming Hall of Fame game party, which is certainly a thing that happens, right?
- The Packers played in the lowest scoring Hall of Fame game, a 0-0 tie against the Chargers in 1980. The game ended with 5:29 remaining in the fourth quarter due to lightning.
- The Baltimore Colts once racked up 48 points in the game, pummeling the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- The Packers last played in the Hall of Fame game in 2003. They fell 9-0 to the Chiefs in a game that was also shortened by lightning.
- The Packers have won the Hall of Fame game one time, beating the Falcons 38-24 in 1969.
- The Washington Redskins are undefeated in the Hall of Fame game, winning five times.
- The Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins have both never won the Hall of Fame game, each going 0-4.
- The Detroit Lions haven't played in the Hall of Fame game since 1991, the longest streak without an appearance in league history.
- Though the Baltimore Colts appeared in the game, the Baltimore Ravens never have.
- The Carolina Panthers have not appeared in the Hall of Fame game since 1995, their first year in the league.